How to invite staff to a ghost blog without sending an email
If you don't want an email setup and you're hosting your ghost website on your own server then follow my tutorial or you can simply buy Ghost pro
Ghost.org is an open-source platform where creators build their websites for blogging, in simple words, it's a Content Management System (CMS).
So the problem is that when you don't have an SMTP server or you don't know how to implement it on your site then this issue arrives, where you're not able to invite other users to signup or sign in on your site, even you can't invite your staff members to write content on your website.
So now we are going to solve this issue through the Mysql database, after this you're able to invite other users of staff but you have to verify them manually, so let's begin with this.
Requirements & Permissions
- Server root access permission
- Ghost admin panel access
- Select and Update Permission on the Ghost Database
Send an Invitation to Staff or User
- Login into your ghost blog admin panel. Example - yourwebsite.com/ghost
- Then Click on "Settings" and then go to the "Staff" section.
- Now Click on "Invite People".
- Now insert an email of your staff and select the role, then click on "Send Invitation Now".
Please Note: Now a red banner with an error will arrive on top of the page, Please ignore this.
Manual Verification of Staff's Email
- Login to your ghost blog's server with root access.
- Now you have to log in to MySQL following this code:
mysql -u <user> -pNote: Replace
<user>to your username, it's probably
rootin a normal scenario.
- Run this command for knowing your database which is connected to your ghost blog:
SHOW DATABASES;but in a normal scenario, it's
- After that, run the following command
USE ghost_prod;to inform MySQL of which database you're operating on. Replace
ghost_prodyour custom database if differs.
- Now you have to run this command
UPDATE invites SET status='sent';to inform the Ghost system that the invitation has been sent.
- After that, run this command
SELECT email,token FROM invites;, This is the most important part. Now copy the token but without
==at the end.
- Now the last part is to copy the Token and then paste it at the end of your website address like this:
It's Done, so get your coffee and send that link to your staff manually and let them signup up for your ghost blog.
In the end, your user or staff will open that link on their browser and signup successfully on your ghost blog without sending an email.
If you don't want an email setup and you're hosting your ghost website on your own server then follow my tutorial or you can simply buy Ghost pro if you don't want any issues like this on your server.
Q1: What is Ghost.org?
Ghost.org is an open-source platform that allows creators to build their websites for blogging. It's a Content Management System (CMS) used for creating and managing online content.
Q2: What is the issue that arises when using Ghost.org without an SMTP server?
When using Ghost.org without an SMTP server, you will not be able to invite other users or staff members to sign up or sign in on your website. This means that you will not be able to have other people write content for your website.
Q3: Can this issue be solved?
Yes, this issue can be solved by using the MySQL database. After implementing this solution, you will be able to invite other users or staff members, but you will have to manually verify them.
Q4: What are the requirements for manual verification of staff emails on Ghost.org?
To manually verify staff emails on Ghost.org, you will need server root access permission, Ghost admin panel access, select and update permission on the Ghost database, and the ability to send an invitation to a staff member or user.
Q5: How do I verify the staff's email on Ghost.org manually?
To verify a staff's email on Ghost.org manually, you will need to follow these steps:
- Login to your Ghost blog admin panel.
- Click on "Settings" and then go to the "Staff" section.
- Click on "Invite People".
- Insert the staff member's email and select their role.
- Login to your Ghost blog server with root access and log in to MySQL.
- Run a series of commands to update the Ghost system and select the staff member's token.
- Copy the token and paste it at the end of your website address to send to the staff member. They will then be able to sign up on your Ghost blog without receiving an email.