You might have seen many old age people swishing oil in their mouth; it’s actually oil pulling, and it has numerous benefits to teeth and gums when it is done for a specific duration. You can also do it by combining various oils to maximize the benefits for their oral health.
In this article, we have researched and explained about the benefits of using the best oil for oil pulling with various combinations.
Why Mix Oils for Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling provides numerous benefits, like reducing harmful bacteria in the mouth, preventing plaque buildup, and promoting healthy gums. The choice of oil matters a lot to achieve good results. By mixing different oils, you can get the most out of the oil-pulling method.
Common Oils for DIY Blends
Several oils are popular choices for creating DIY oil-pulling blends. Below, we have made a list of the commonly used oils for oil pulling.
- Coconut Oil: coconut oil is the favorite base for the majority of oil pullers due to its natural properties. It also has a pleasant taste and consistency.
- Sunflower Oil: Sunflower oil is a lighter option that is high in vitamin E, known for promoting healthy gums and oral tissues.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is not just for cooking; it contains anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants. Its fruity flavor can make oil-pulling more palatable.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is naturally extracted essential oil, but it’s advised to use it in minimal proportion. Otherwise, it can cause a burning sensation in the mouth.
Creating Your DIY Oil-Pulling Blend
If you love creating your DIY oil-pulling combinations, then follow these steps:
- Step 1 First, choose your base oil, like coconut, sesame, sunflower, or any other oil, depending on your choice.
- Step 2: Add your favorite essential Oils like tea tree, peppermint, or lavender to enhance the blend’s effectiveness and flavor. However, essential oils are strong, so use only a few drops.
- Step 3: Try the oil-pulling blends with minimal ratios; it may vary based on your personal preference and goals. Make a safe combination of ratios that suits you.
- Step 4: Store Properly Store your DIY oil-pulling blend in a dark glass bottle to protect it from light and oxidation. Keep it in a cool, dry place to ensure its longevity.
Hope you found the article helpful in making the best DIY oil pulling best for your mouth and overall wellness. DIY oil-pulling blends can be a fun and effective way to enhance your oral health. You can mix different oils to target specific concerns and have the benefit of multiple nutrients and properties. Whether you do oil pulling seasonally or just starting out, trying oil pulling with your own blend can be more enjoyable experience.